I've written about this before, but I believe that this is critical if you want to stay lean and healthy.
Find ways to simplify your life.
Our lives are getting way more complicated and there is no "off button". Everyone seems to always be on and connected. I too am guilty of this. Checking email, scanning Facebook...it never ends.
My challenge for you today is to find 3 things that are preventing you from being at your desired weight or fitness level and to eliminate them.
- Things like watching 2 hours of TV at night and not going to bed early enough.
- Not planning your meals and having to grab fast food.
- Surfing the internet and then not having time to home cook a healthy meal.
There are many more, you just have to choose 3 and eliminate them.
The second part of this exercise is to add 1 good thing.
- Eating 2 fruits today.
- Eating 4 vegetables today.
- Walking around the block with your family or dog.
Once again there are many and you just have to add one.
Let me know what you come up with in the comment section below.
Here are my changes...
1. Eliminated checking email, Facebook, etc. to 2x a day. This is way down for me.
2. Streamlined my "to do" list to something very basic (low tech).
3. Finish work by 4p so I can cook dinner and spend time with my family.
1. Riding my bike for short errands.
P.S. Two of my favorite sites for simplifying life are: