Start your week off right... (you have, as this article only goes out to those who show up)
I hope that by early Sunday evening you have put your workout clothes and shoes aside for your new week of training. I also hope that you make it a point to get to bed early enough so you'll be fresh to train in the early morning. Don't let being unorganized get in the way of your training.
Now that you've done these two things, you've got to show up for your workout. The results don't begin unless you show up...it's as simple (or as difficult) as that. I've never had a client tell me "you know what, I only got a few hours of sleep and I skipped my workout...but I still lost weight this week"...it just doesn't happen.
Once you are at the workout, give it your all. Some days will be better than others, but be tough and give those 45 minutes your full and definite attention.
After your workout know that recovery is just as important as your training time. Depending on your goals, and the rest of your day's eating, the meal after your training is quite important. (We can discuss your specific goals on a one to one basis.)
Here's a recipe to make your day a little easier (and more healthy)
Super Fluffy Coconut Vanilla Protein Pancakes
- 3 T coconut flour
- ¼ t baking powder
- 1 scoop vanilla protein (whey, casein, pea, rice, whatever)
- 3 eggs
- ¼-1/3 c almond or coconut milk
- Whisk all the ingredients together until no lumps remain.
- Heat a skillet or griddle to medium heat and add some coconut oil
- Drop the batter by ⅓-cup fulls onto the skillet.
- Cook for about 2-ish mins per side, until golden, then flip.
- Bon apetit!