Maybe you got off track this weekend. Today is the day to get right back in to action.
Zucchini Pancakes (credit: Paleo Breakfast)
- 1 medium size zucchini
- 1 medium size green onion
- 1 large egg
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- 2 1/2 tablespoons olive oil for frying
- Grate zucchini into a small bowl.
- Finely chop 1 green onion and mix with the zucchini.
- Combine 1 large egg into the bowl and mix thoroughly adding salt and pepper to taste.
-Spoon three mounds of the zucchini mixture into the pan and fry until lightly browned, pressing down to flatten. Flip and while second side is browning.
Lettuce Wrap, via PaleoOz.com
Paleo Chicken Fajitas, via Paleo Diet Lifestyle.com
Fajitas are a classic in Tex-Mex cuisine and are adored universally by kids and adults alike. The classic fajita calls for skirt steak and is served with a choice of toppings over corn or flower tortilla, but this paleo take on the classic fajita meal is just as delicious without the tortilla. Today, fajitas are also commonly prepared with pork, chicken or shrimp and the usual vegetables include bell peppers and onions. Enjoy making a big batch and pleasing the whole family with this classic do it yourself dinner. This recipe serves about 5 people, but be sure to make more for leftovers.
- 3 lbs chicken breast, cut in thin strips;
- 3 bell peppers;
- 3 onions, sliced;
- 2 tbsp oregano, chili powder, cumin and coriander;
- 6 chopped garlic cloves;
- Juice of 5 lemons;
- 4 tbsp cooking fat (coconut oil, tallow or ghee are excellent here);
- Butter lettuce to serve;
- You choice of toppings: diced tomatoes, fermented pickles, sauerkraut, sliced avocados, salsa, guacamole, mayonnaise and/or salsa verde;
- Combine the chicken, bell peppers, onions, spices, garlic and lemon juice in a bowl and mix well;
- If preparing ahead of time, let marinate in the refrigerator for about 4 hours.
- When ready to cook, heat a large skillet on medium heat and cook the whole preparation with the cooking fat until the chicken is cooked through and the onion and bell pepper are soft.
- Put the hot chicken preparation in a large bowl and let the people prepare their own fajitas on top of lettuce leaves with their favorite toppings.