Three new recipes to keep you on track for losing fat at Boot Camp Pasadena.
Bacon & Avocado "Sandwiches" (credit, FitBomb.com)
- 4 strips of thick-cut, nitrate-free bacon
- 1 medium-sized Haas avocado
- 1 lime
- Kosher salt to taste
Cook and drain bacon.
Mash up the flesh of half an avocado, and cut up the other half into half-inch cubes. Then mix both halves together in a bowl to get a nice blend of chunky 'n creamy. Flavor it with a squirt or two of lime juice and a generous pinch of Kosher salt.
Enjoy this treat! I'm not suggesting this be an everyday thing.
Liver and onions (credit,Paleo Diet Lifestyle)
This recipe serves 4 people.
- 4 large slices pork or beef liver;
- 5 large onions, sliced;
- 6 tbsp butter or lard;
- Salt and pepper to taste;
- Heat a large skillet over medium-low heat and add 5 tbsp of the butter and the sliced onions. Cook slowly, stirring often, for about 20 to 25 minutes, until the onions are really soft and caramelized.
- Near the end of the cooking process of the onions, heat another pan over a medium-high heat and cook the liver with the rest of the cooking fat, about 3 minutes on each side.
- Serve the liver topped with the delicious and creamy cooked onions. This is also delicious served with a little bit of homemade salsa on the side.